This policy applies to you if you purchase products or services over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all areas of the UK Marmalade of RB Business
UK Marmalade may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What personal information is held about you and how we collect it
The information you provide to us
We may receive personal information about you, when you contact Uk Marmalade by RB by doing the following:
· • Purchasing products from us
· • Requesting or obtaining a quote or tender for our products and services
· • Requesting a catalogue or subscribing to an e-newsletter
· • Using the website
· • Registering for an account on the website(s)
· • Using our Live Chat facility
· • Telephoning, texting, writing by email or post or when you communicate with us via online channels such as social media
· • Attending an event, exhibition, conference or webinar
· • When you donate to our causes
· • Engaging on our social media platforms
· • Enter a competition / prize draw
This information may include:
· • Your name, company/organisation name, address, telephone number, mobile number, fax number, email address, job title and the department you work in.
· • Information about payment details such as bank account, credit card and PayPal accounts.
· • Information about the products and services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on).
· • Feedback that you have given to us about our products and services.
· • Your website account login details, including your user name and chosen password.
· • Information about any device you have used to access our services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our services. For example, if you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites.
· • Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
· • Your marketing preferences.
If you do business with us we may also ask for further information about you or your company including finance details.
Information provided to us by other companies
We may contact you using personal data provided to us by other companies. We take careful steps to ensure that they have permission from you to allow us to do this. If you feel this is incorrect please let us know.
We use information from sources such as, specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, databases marketing and research companies) social media providers as well as information that is publicly available.
Information provided to us via cookies
How we use your data
We use your personal information in a number of ways to:
· • Make available our Services to you
· • Process your orders
· • Take payment from you or give you a refund
· • Personalise your shopping experience, for example by understanding how you use our websites to provide you with personalised offers or shopping ideas
· • Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud
· • Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies
· • For statistical analysis
· • Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, the manner in which you consume them and how you shop across all sales channels, so we can serve you better
· • Target and communicate relevant offers
· • To update your marketing preferences to include or remove you from communications at your request
· • Find ways to improve our services, call centre and websites
· • Contact you about money saving offers, products and services from us.
· • Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
· • Enable you to partake in a competition / prize draw and to notify you if you have won or lost a competition / prize draw.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your personal information to anyone.
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
How we keep your personal information safe
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain and process a record of your personal information for as long as is needed to provide the products and services you are using across Uk Marmalade of RB. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Your personal information will be erased when it is no longer necessary to hold it for our legitimate interest, with minimum information retained such as name and address and marketing preferences to ensure personal information is not included in future marketing campaigns.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services available from Uk Marmalade from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, telephone, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so either by logging into your online.
How you can find out about the information we hold about you
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below in the ‘Contact us’ section.
Asking us to remove or limit our processing of your personal information
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Much of our processing will be under the basis of “contractual obligation” in other words we need and use your personal information for providing the services you have contracted with us to provide.
However when we are communicating with you regarding products and services you may be interested in receiving from us in the future our basis for processing is of "legitimate interest" as we are communicating with you in the context of your corporate activity and identity and not in relation to your private life. For email marketing campaigns you will always be able to instantly unsubscribe from such messages using the link provided within the email
Sharing your thoughts
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our products or services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users, and your friends or followers. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a complaint please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org who will deal with your request promptly.
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to other websites
We link our website directly to other sites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within our site linking to other websites and organisations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com.